Gifts of Time and Talent
Volunteers' talents are utilized to enhance the daily lives of our residents. In fact, Bethesda has more than 900 volunteers who contribute more than 31,000 hours of service each year.
Volunteers assist in a variety of ways such as:
- reading to residents
- visiting with residents one-on-one
- retired art teachers to help with art club
- providing companionship with Hospice residents
- transporting residents within the residences
- joining residents on day trips
- providing musical entertainment
- delivering mail
- staffing the gift shop
- working in the office
- card players to lend another set of hands
- retired physical therapists to help with exercise
Our Volunteer Coordinators provide training and work with our volunteers to accommodate their schedules.
If you would like to give back by volunteering at one of our Bethesda residences or assisting with our Bethesda Hospice program, please contact one of our Volunteer Coordinators and learn more. Click on the Volunteer link.
Adult Day Care at Bethesda Dilworth
- Hearts for Our Homes Campaign
- David Konig Discusses What You May Not Know About Thomas Jefferson
- Bethesda and Kemper Collect Books For Local Veterans
- DeWitt Slated to Speak at Fall Legacy Society Luncheon
- Eleanor Ryan – A Special Resident
- Hearts for Our Homes Kicks Off Early in 2012
- Oaks Neighbors Leave Their Legacies - Refundable Entrance Fees
- Marty Holland: Bethesda Resident Making a Difference
- Going Once, Going Twice?
- Charless Village Naming Opportunities
- Building Charless Village One Brick at a Time
- Important Tax Law Changes that Could Affect Your Estate Plans